Sunday, May 23, 2010

House Update

For those of you who care, here are some updated pictures of our house. To the naked eye, these pictures may not seem very exciting. However, when you have on a pair of special "this-is-MY-house" glasses, suddenly everything you see is like the Taj Mahal. It is funny how some concrete and wood can be connected to your heart strings, pulling you towards it for too-frequent visits and making you beam with pride.

It is also funny (and kind of obnoxious) how suddenly I notice everything about houses...window sizes, window placement, front doors, roof pitch, countertop height, lighting fixtures, paint colors, sink types, etc., etc. It can be quite mind boggling, but I am crossing my fingers that in the end, it will all be worth it. It will. Right?

















Kyle is either worn out from all this house stuff, or he can pray like Enos. He kept right on "praying" at this ottoman for a good 15-minutes after the rest of us finished family prayer.

5 comments:

  1. So fun to see pictures of the house!!!! How exciting! And those shorts that Jane has on... I laughed so hard! Seriously hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house looks awesome!! So exciting. And Kyle "praying" is hilarious.. I love it. Miss ya. Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!Fantastic!!! You know Jason blames you for Edris' and my determination to move ;) He says, "When I see Kyle Standifird again..." Warn him :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The progress on your house is so exciting to see!

    And did your kids leave Kyle a bedtime story? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah!!! fun to see the progress!!! i found your blog via rebecca's...so fun! great to see you today at the park...we'll chat again someday.:)

    ReplyDelete