Sunday, March 27, 2011

Best Investment EVER!

I am married to an accountant.
A wonderfully patient, understanding accountant. But an accountant nonetheless.
What does that mean?
It means that every penny spent is well accounted for, documented, and lamented over.

So, when we decided to purchase a trampoline for Christmas,
it was a little hard for my accountant lover to swallow.
Deciding we wanted a 'well-made, last forever trampoline' then finding how much 'well-made, last forever trampolines' actually cost, was an even bigger chunk to swallow.
For him.
And me.
Ouch!

Three months have passed since the kids opened the blinds Christmas morning to discover their trampoline dreams had come true.

I can honestly say that if disaster struck tomorrow and a huge wind storm carried our trampoline away (which actually did happen to my brother's neighbor- one day they had a trampoline and the next day my brother did)...

We got our pretty penny's worth.

Best investment EVER!





3 comments:

  1. I love the feeling of a good purchase, an all around, everyone is happy, type of purchase. And, I love to remind Peter of what a good purchase it was so I relate wholeheartedly with your post!

    I'm glad you guys are having such a blast with your trampoline. My mom bought the kids one for their birthdays and we haven't put it up yet - I can only hope we'll be as happy with ours as you are with yours!

    Oh, and I love the picture of Jane launching in the air. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. Jane is jumping WAY too high. My heart rate is increasing every time I look at that picture.

    ReplyDelete