Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lighting Update

Just in case you have been dying to know what I decided on lights, here is an update. First off, a BIG thanks to all those who responded with their opinion of what I should do. It really did help me make the decision. You will all be receiving your designer's fee check in the mail.

As I mentioned in the first post, I REALLY wanted a schoolhouse light, but as most of you agreed, one schoolhouse light would not have been big and grand enough for over the table or the entry. Instead, I found this cutie online and was ecstatic. Two for one!




Funny thing is (and by 'funny' I mean you want to bawl your eyes out but know you will look back some day and laugh), this light was damaged in transit to my house and the company I bought it from does not have any more. Even funnier, the light is discontinued so it has virtually disappeared from the face of the planet. Hah! Yes, I just about cried, but after searching long and hard, I finally found a website that has one in stock. It is a website on about the sixth page of my google search. They sell tea, furniture, and lighting. How convenient.



For the entry, I have ordered two lights. I will choose one and send the other back. They are quite different- one is a drum shade light and the other is a replica of a popular light in the 1930's. I found it on the coolest website, www.rejuvenation.com. If you ever want to see some cool, old school lights, check out their site. I wish I would have known about them before I ordered all my other lights.



So, that's that for now. I will upload new house pictures this weekend, as a lot of the exterior should be done, wood flooring laid, and finish work complete. Let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment