Conference/Easter weekend.
It seems to me that Easter is the perfect time to have General Conference. I wish it could happen the same time each year. It just fits.
We had a marvelous weekend on many levels. Of course we thoroughly enjoyed listening to conference- hearing the inspiring words of our leaders. Makes you just want to kick it into gear.
Easter was also lovely. We colored eggs, made brown bag bunny baskets (old family tradition), and had lots of candy. Kyle made sure the girls knew that the Easter bunny is a big fat lie (a pretty ridiculous tradition, I might add myself), so hopefully they understand that Easter is really about our Savior. There is nothing else I hope to pass on to my children more than a strong testimony that Jesus Christ is our Savior and He lives today. He strengthens and blesses me daily.
Best of all, we got to enjoy General Conference and Easter all while in the beautiful surroundings of a cabin high up in the mountain tops. Thanks, Jenny and Steve! There is nothing like being surrounded by only trees and snow...enough snow to bury your youngins'...while standing. We had lots of good old fashioned fun. I must say, there is something extremely freaky about flying down a mountain on a little piece of plastic, heading for a mound of snow that you are certain will send you soaring to your death (or at least a sore tail bone). I quickly learned that I do not have "jump landing skills." Then again, most of us didn't.
Lisa - I love you and your family. We love you guys. I love your little pink-cheeked children. I could eat them all.
ReplyDeleteI can totally hear Kyle saying, "You guys, the Easter Bunny is just a big fat lie." Awesome. Good to see you guys... pictures of you guys.
ReplyDeleteLoved hearing your laughter in the video, Lisa!
ReplyDeleteConference totally reinvigorates. A day in the snow, on the other hand, seems to wear me out :)
Looks like you all had a fabulous weekend. Thanks for sharing.
This looks so fun! I love the pics, and the video is just awesome. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I LOVE LOVE that Kyle told your girls about the big fat lie. The empty tomb should never sit in the shadow of a six foot rabbit.