A HOUSE
Nine months ago, we sold our cute little house in Springville and moved in with Grandma Judy; starting the long process of designing our dream home. After several months working with an architect, the first scoop of dirt was dug and our home had officially begun. Four and a half months after that first dig, and lots of lots of decisions later, we got that coveted occupancy permit and MOVED IN!
Two and a half weeks later, we are still emptying out boxes and realizing that our "honey-do" list has only gotten longer in this new house.
Here are pictures of a few of our favorite things so far... (or at least those that are in a part of the house that is put together enough to actually post a picture)
Our new t.v.
Kyle claimed that we "needed" a new t.v. to be able to watch General Conference this weekend. Apparently, you can feel the spirit more easily when you are watching the prophet on a flat screen. Who knew? The kids seem to enjoy it also.
Although we love our new t.v., I love even more that you can't see the new t.v. It is hidden behind those great barn doors.
My walk in pantry. Everything is so accessible...
The "control room". This room has already seen hours and hours of use; kids coloring, mom's projects, computer using, etc. The creativity is flowing in here.
The great room.
This is not necessarily one of my favorite things about the house, but it was a room that was actually clean enough to take a picture of :) I do love the bookshelves that provide easy access for my kids to get to their books. The books get lots of use and are are often strewn about the room. It's great.
There are many more things that we love about being in our new house, but we quickly realized that it is still just a house. We need to fill it up with love and friendship to make it a home, so please come on over and help us do that. You are welcome anytime!
Oh, Lis. It is absolutely beautiful. I love everything about it. Congratulations! Good luck finding a receiving blanket big enough to swaddle it though. ;)
ReplyDeleteYAYAYAYAY for this post! I guess my hints were not so subtle, eh?? Hooray! Well, I love the house. And we'd love to come make it an official "home" for you...you know...the next time we're in Utah...which will be...???
ReplyDeleteI love the front door. I love the bookshelves in the great room. I Love the hidden TV. I love Henry standing on the box wearing a onesie and looking for a treat or something.
Welcome to your new home, you guys!
WOW, Lis--It's AMAZING!!! I'm so happy for you. I know exactly what you mean by all the boxes. I can't believe you were able to take so many great pictures of clean, decorated spaces. Way to go! I love the colors, the doors (esp. the red door), floorplan, and everything else about it. I'm still working on wall hangings and going through boxes in our basement--3 1/2 months later. I'm completely impressed. Love it! Can't wait to see it in person.
ReplyDeleteyay!! I'm happy for you it looks just amazing!! :D
ReplyDeleteYeah! I can't wait to see it in person. I love the colors and the white cabinetry, CONGRATS!
ReplyDeleteLisa, it is lovely. So much light! I can't wait to see it in person.
ReplyDeleteso jealous! but it looks fantastic! one day i hope that it will be my turn, but until then i will just be content with what i have.
ReplyDelete